I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 23 April 2018

Day Twenty-Three


DAY TWENTY-THREE

JUST BEFORE DAWN
walking in Central park
half the sky is red
but hardly by the time
the world gets out of bed
the canvas half repainted
mixed up messed up blue
I'm coughing up my guts
climbing these great hills
feeling like I'm stuck
inside a big balloon
hoping that it's tethered
to a firmly planted tree
I don't want it to pop
and fall back down to ground
I need to get a little closer
to the moon if only to confirm
that daylight comes sometime
just before dawn long after dark
230418

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.