I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 19 February 2008

TOP Romantic..

From my pub-poetry archive!
StraightTalkingStreetTalkingSweetTalkingGuy..

JANET OR JAYNE?
(SOUNDS LIKE JANITOR JANE)
I was strolling down a country lane
when I saw a girl so I asked her name
she said Janet! or was it Jayne?

Janet or Jayne? Janet or Jayne?
did she say Janet! or did she say Jayne?

The next time I went down that lovers lane
she was standing there again
I said Janet? she said Jayne!

Janet or Jayne? Janet or Jayne?
did she say Janet! or did she say Jayne?

So that was the end of my lovers lane
I simply forgot to remember her name!
did she say Janet! or did she say Jayne?

Janet or Jayne? Janet or Jayne?
did she say Janet? No, she said Jayne!
7689

16 comments:

  1. you should of stuck with "hey baby...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men! They can't even remember names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Gautami - I can never remember names, either! Of course, in the southern US, women can get away with sweetie, honey, sugar... so that helps!

    This was a great, funny little piece - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he remembered it started with a J. Give the poor guy some credit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I never have problems remembering names, Fred :-)

    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - How clever and fun this is - it could happen...it probably has! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed a little chuckle right about now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, well done, very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! What a great poem. I love your site, I'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Everybody, thanks for all the comments, I'm trying to visit as many blogs as I can to find out what all this romance is about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can never remember a name but I can always forget a face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun read. Bouncy. Paisley's right. Maybe you should have said something like, "Hey Toots." She would then have slapped you and screamed, "My name is....!" And you'd have remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sweettalking Guy
    How funny is this! from a womans point of view maybe next time just call her beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Rethabile, That's good advice..

    Hi Stacey, Aren't all women beautiful? The trouble is I wouldn't have had a story to tell if I had called her something else!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the poem. It was fun and I could actually picture someone muttering the words to themselves while racking their brains to decide on the name [:D]

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.