I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

POW PROMPT 3

POW PROMPT 3
Something a little less mind bending this time.

It was the first fresh peach I had ever tasted.
I could hardly believe how delicious.
At twenty five I was dumbfounded afresh
By my ignorance of the simplest things.

From 'Fulbright Scholars' Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes.

Write a poem inspired by this quote. See you next Wednesday Banditos and remember Bob might not be your Uncle.

Here's mine:

IT I AT BY
It was 'Curry Nite' at the Ooo-flung-doo
I had never tasted curry before
At the death I got curry sauce and chips
By the shed full with salt and vinegar
18052+10/5

9 comments:

  1. A baptism of fire... I probably started in a similar way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..I would call that a Clayton's curry!Somerset Maugham said if you want to eat well in England order
    breakfast 3 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, if you'd grown up on 'Vesta', you wouldn't have had a problem, Andy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this I can believe. (had some trouble imagining not having a fresh peach by 25 years)
    fun twist on trying new things

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love curry! I like this Andy.
    And you know who they are.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem! Very tasty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes its best to venture carefully into unknown territories... thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensory and real. In the NW we'd say anything hot can be cured by more beer. But curry is an exception unto itself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boiled rice can be very dull without the curry! A most delicious poem!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.