I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 17 April 2021

2021 #17

 

Napowrimo 2021

Day SEVENTEEN


SHE LOVED ME

She upped and left and dumped me

no Tweedledee no Tweedledum

she dumped me yes she dumped me


My name is Joe but they call me slow

'cos I really didn't know she loved me

she really really really loved me

she gave me everything – I wanted


Then one day – I went to work away

I didn't even call - to tell her I was leaving

I left her all alone and didn't even phone

no wonder she upped and dumped me


My name is Joe but they call me slow

'cos I really didn't know she loved me


She dumped me yes she dumped me

no Tweedledum no Tweedledee

she upped and left and dumped me

17042021


And here's a version of an earlier piece

I posted in 2007...


MY NAME’S JOE…
My name’s Joe but they call me Slow ‘cos
I really didn’t know – she dumped me
She never said a word - just dumped me

But I suppose I should have known when
I caught her sneaking home – this morning
That really should have been my warning

Then I found her up in bed

with Red Hot Fred

And she just sat there yawning

My name’s Joe but they call me Slow ‘cos
I really didn’t know - she dumped me
251007

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.