I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 22 October 2008

readwritepoem #49 - Echolalia

Written for the readwritepoem prompt - Echolalia

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO

Echo, Echo! Hey, Read all about it!

Poetry book sells quarter million copies!

Echo! Echo La? Lia? There yer go!

Echo, Echo! Straight from the horses mouth!

Patten, McGough and Henri, sold out!

Echo! Echo La? Get yer Echo La!

Irreverent, sardonic, funny, sad!

In an unintelligible Scouse tongue,

The newsboy shouts it out, Echo, Echo!

He bawls, with his echolalia tic.

MYC171008

Have you read my controversial poem Polyamourosity yet?
Go on clink-the-link!

15 comments:

  1. I always wondered what they were shouting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take on the prompt - love your execution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your use of human speech here. I can almost hear him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can really hear the echolalic "street sounds" here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Poetwithdayjob!

    Thanks Nicole, his voice is still echoing around Lime Street station.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Philip, the early edition has just hit the streets and the Newsboy is screaming!

    Andrea, Thank you so much..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the way it goes. Ehoes!

    BTW, I took your advice. Thanks! Have a dekko!

    echoes reverbate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice rhythm here; I definitely hear the cadence of a street barker here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Gautami, good luck with your half-poem!

    Hi DP, many thanks, I can still hear him!

    Thanks Nathan and thanks for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Poetry book sells quarter million copies!" Now that would be news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi yuzublizzard,
    Fact is often stranger than fiction and the book/news headline I used in 'The Liverpool Echo' called 'The Mersey Sound' by Adrian Henri, Roger McGough and Brian Patten sold well over a quarter of a million copies, I have the 1983 (well thumbed) revised edition. Which was the thirteenth reprint. The book was first puplished in 1967. the ISBN No is 0-14-058534-6 on the paperback version I own.

    Love your name, by the way.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, you're the sweettalkingguy! I'll check on my library to see if it has at least one of those copies :)

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.