I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 28 April 2010

NaPoWriMo 2010 Day 28

NAPOWRIMO 2010 DAY 28
INTUITION
Today’s prompt is provided by member, Julie Jordan Scott.
Arthur Koestler wrote: “The moment of truth, the sudden emergence of a new insight, is an act of intuition.” Akin to a “sixth sense,” intuition brings pieces together. It gives the gift of heightened awareness.
One single, specific memory I have from a math class comes from the first day of geometry class. I was 15 years old.
The teacher asked “What is intuition?”
I raised my hand — an unusual act for me when math was involved. “Intuition is having a hunch,” I said, “sort of knowing or having an idea of something out of the blue, like without really knowing you somehow know.”
What does this have to do with your life and your poetry?
Take a moment to remember a breakthrough moment in your life or a “freeze-frame” moment from long, long ago. An “a-ha” or an “epiphany” moment or a moment that has a story yet to tell.
Let’s prepare to write a poem using our intuition intentionally today. Write this prompt on your page: “When I remember my “a-ha moment” from my past, I understand the place I am meant to go with my words and poetry today is … ”
Restate the prompt as you free-write and don’t write a poem yet. Instead, go about your business of the day purposefully not writing a poem.
Notice surprising turns of phrases you hear. Listen to people who say things to you that seem especially surprising, lyrics to songs. Eavesdrop intentionally. Wait for at least 2 hours and then write your poem from the words your intuition and your free-writing gave you.
HERE'S MINE:
The following something is the little thing I wrote from the above instructions.

SOMETHING

It was news to me

Light was revealed

He had lied to me

How did I not know

After all this time

What can I do now

penny dropped day dawned

She told me on the ‘phone

my greatest fears revealed

As she started to speak

I knew it was my fault

Where have I gone wrong

Of course I trusted him

It’s my fault he takes after me

I should have known better

Flamin’ bloomin’ Nora!

Odebarskinsalldaylong!

Now everybody knows this song

28042+10/5

Day 28 2009

PROPER JOE'S





4 comments:

  1. We all should know better by now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we SHOULD know...thanks for this sweet talker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly know better now.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose there's a 'Jack the lad' in all of us...?

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.