I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Valentine's Day Verse Mad Kane's (Limerick & Haiku Prompt)

Written for Mad Kane's (Limerick & Haiku Prompt)
Valentine's Day Verse

Limerick:

I'll ask you for the millionth time
Will you, won't you, be my Valentine?
You know that I love you
That I'll always be true
Will you, won't you, will you please be mine?

Haiku (senryu)

Heartfelt
Valentine
be mine

NaisaiKu..
Have you tried it yet?

Heartfelt
Valentine
be mine
VALENTINE
mine be
Valentine
Heartfelt

Old English version:

Heartfelt Valentine
Be mine Valentine mine be
Valentine heartfelt
100209

6 comments:

  1. many thanks for your comments...keep taking the tablets (do you take the same ones as me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent, thanks for visiting STG..
    The traffic keeps the smog count high and Gordon's Gin keeps me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my Valentine poetry. I really like your first poem a lot! I hope she says, 'Yes!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentine's is Saturday - the day after Friday the 13th, so a little less optimism in my approach.
    Naisaiku works well here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce, thanks for that, she hasn't said yes yet, but she did send me some nice flowers!

    Thanks Stan, I tried to show my outworkings here, the senryu and the old English approach and how they all boil down to the same thing.

    Hi Mad, thanks for the prompt. I enjoyed participating...
    Phew, that's bigger than Marmalade!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.