I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 5 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Five

GUESS WHO?
Guess who? but you know who you are don't you?
You yeah you don't wanna talk to me now!
Now I know you don't. No! 'cos talkin' hurts.
Hurts behind your mind, penetrates your soul.

Your soul that you inhabit that you love.
Love her like you told me you loved me once
Once when all in the garden was rosy
Rosy, red, rouge, where are you hiding now?

Now I know you don't. No! 'cos talkin' hurts.
Hurts like the hell fire that you've put me through
Through the mangle until I'm almost flat
Flat enough to post myself back to you.

You yeah you don't wanna talk to me now!
Now that you've got it all, but me, guess who?
05042011

Sewina Sestina
JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK
Posted to Writer's Island


*****Nicola Batty's Newsletter Raw Meat Issue 127 is now Online*****

17 comments:

  1. You better understand I'm in love with myself... myself, my beautiful self...
    John Lydon 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stan, this girl's in love with her soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More like in hate than in love. A veritable cri de coeur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a brilliant line:

    Flat enough to post myself back to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viv, it's a cry from the writers heart, she won't talk to him anymore, 'cos she thinks talking hurts!

    Thanks Ron!

    Thanks Tilly Bud, It just came to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me thinks she loves the idea of soul, but doesn't know much about it. The soul is what needs, wants, to express itself. Is driven to do so. Might put us in harms way, but that is fear, not love. And I really love what your are doing with these Acrostics. May have to try this soon,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Hurts behind your mind, penetrates your soul." Love that line, Andy. Nicely expressed.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, thanks for the insight!

    Thank you Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie Brown said it best: Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

    My favorite line: "Through the mangle until I'm almost flat, Flat enough to post myself back to you.."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your style is so interesting and so new to me I must admit I read this over several times, I like it very much so I will have to come back more often =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Marianne!

    Hi Amanda, thanks for the lovely comment, you'll always be welcome here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a very interesting read full of insights
    if you care to look. loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps. you seem to have been at this for some time. would you mind looking over my blog and letting know what you think if you have time?

    thank you Luna

    http://Lunawitch15.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that. Glad you're doing okay and hope you get good news in 18 months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Luna, very nice to meet you here!

    Thanks Mad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is the kind of tone I really like! Straightforward, passionate, and adorned with beautiful phrases like "hurts behind your mind" and "through the mangle until I'm almost flat." Those lines really help the power in this poem.
    Nice.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.