I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 23 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Twenty Three

ORIGINAL POST - Napowrimo DAY 23 2009
How to play The American Sandwich game:
Write a piece of flash fiction in just three American Sentences.

Allen Ginsberg's American Sentence has seventeen syllables.
Your task is to use as few words as possible to fill the sandwich.

RYTHM STICK

Hit me with a feather, not the one that's tied to the end of your string.
Not one that's heavier than the final straw that broke the Camel's back.
Hit me with your rythm stick, and I'll write poetry for you that rhymes.

230409

Day 23 2010

Day 23 2011
WHILE THE GENIUS WAITS ON
Sitting out in the red hot April sun
Sunday's waiting but Saturday's not done
not done nothin' but complain - rain makers
makin' the clouds burst, mutton-dressed-as-lamb.

lambs to the slaughter, tambourines banging
banging like dogs barkin' - waiting for rain
rain dancin' while the genius waits on
on and on they go provoking the sky.

Sky blue skies turn grey laughing at the land
land of milk and honey, where you're sitting...
23042011

3 comments:

  1. Triple deja-vu!!! I remember this post... I remember The American Sandwich Game... and I remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will, Andy.
    Hope you're having a nice weekend.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.