I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 8 April 2023

15/8

 

Napowrimo 2023/my15th year/day 8


Continuing with Shakespeare's sonnets as my theme, I have used the end line rhymes from his sonnet 8 today, and incorporated them into my version of the 'little song'. Interestingly, I believe that along with sonnet 128, number 8 is the only other one in which he mentions music.


DON'T SAY YOU WONT

I'll listen but be happy to hear none

A song from deep within the heart of one


Then one day you upped and left me sadly

The times we had together were such joy

Come home I will welcome you back gladly

Don't say you won't that will only annoy

For there can be no music without sounds

Listen for my voice in your inner ear

Your direction amazes and confounds

You complicate my life too much to bear


Perhaps you have found yourself another

Love, to replace me and my ordering

Of you about, like a second mother

If so I think it's time for you to sing


A song from deep within the heart of one

I'll listen but be happy to hear none

08042023/SH8

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.