I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 23 April 2010

NaPoWriMo 2010 Day 23

NAPOWRIMO 2010 DAY 23
UNLIKELY COUPLES
Read Write Poem member Sage Cohen has a terrific suggestion for today’s poems: Write a poem in which you combine a speaker and an event that normally don’t go together (such as sports broadcasters and poetry writing), as Jay Leeming does in his poem, “Man Writes Poem.”
HERE'S MINE:

BATMAN AND ALICE
wOW! sPlaT! How did I get here? KerPow!
"Welcome to Wonderland," said Alice.
KerPlunk! Holy BatMobile! What is this place?
"You must have fallen down the rabbit hole," said Alice.

Where's my BatPhone? Where's my BatMobile gone?
I bet CatWoman had a hand in this!
Suffering tadpoles! How do I get outta here?
"Just defeat the Queen of Hearts," said Alice.

Ain't that the broad that made some tarts?
Blam! She sounds like some kinda poker hand!
I'll need an ace up my sleeve to beat her.
"Quick, drink some of this poison," said Alice.

Bah! You must think I'm the Joker! Or something?
This is darker than a Gotham subway!
PussyGalore! You've got big rats down here!
"That was my Cheshire Cat," said Alice.
23042+10
PROPER JOE'S

17 comments:

  1. Temporal and communication breakdown w/ a little J Bond thrown in for good measure. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a mash-up complete with the requisite lumps!

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome! Two of my favorite people! Quite an unlikely pairing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! You're incredibly imaginative, and your keep up the pace without it getting to be too much. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You obviously had a misspent youth, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is indeed an unlikely couple! Had me laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy,
    Unlikely couple for sure! Well done for the prompt.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pairing - it makes Walrus and Carpenter seem perfectly normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun! Definitely an unlikely couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. blustering bats
    and slithy troves
    great stuff =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nicely paired...Andy...and niciely written

    ReplyDelete
  12. now that really messed with my head - briliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Understanding Alice, glad you found this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely brilliant! Really glad I dropped by (It's been a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Keith, I'll have a butchers at Carry on Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.