I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 21 October 2008

Writers Island - Controversial

Written for the Writers Island prompt - Controversial
POLYAMOUROSITY

(ME + HER + HIM + HER + POLLY)
Little miss Polly polyamorous
Don’t she just think that she’s so glamorous
Her, him and her mono-poly combo

Dancing in the gym with him she thinks, hey
Beats that polyester fashionista
From the polytechnic that lives next door

Or that bloke, misogynist Sylvester
With his carrier bag mentality
Serial monogamist, etcetera.

Then there’s that polythene politician
Who has no clue about which way is up
Is he hetro, homo, bigot or what?

Polygamy is seen as blasphemy
Metro sex, - metrosexuality?
Polyamorist, - polyamory!

Mahogany bedpost monogamous
Monotonous monogamy? Not me
I’m a multidimensionality

Me and my other personality.
Not tried ethical non-monogamy
Twist my arm and I’ll test it properly.
191008
polyamourosity Vs polyamorousity and polyamorosity...

9 comments:

  1. This is fun to read light verse. I like the play of words - almost tongue twisters - and the alliterations are nice in an amusing kind of way, they gave me that certain grin in my face while reading the poem.

    I wish you well.

    ~ Jeques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeques, I wish you well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All for one and one for all, one on one or not at all. Whatever - it's what makes the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan, this is meant to be a controversial subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion the last paragraph is the most interesting in this. It is a very contrevesial subject indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your word play and your handling of a controversial subject. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sara, it's not a personal viewpoint, the narrator is simply enticing the reader...

    Thanks again for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nicole at Ravens Wing Poetry!

    Hi Philip, does 'politician' qualify?

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.