I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Quatern - Thirty-Three 3WW CCLXIII

3ww
Baffle
Elegant
Negate

I'M WAITING FOR INSPIRATION

I'm waiting for inspiration
but the headache won't go away
I try to baffle it with words
Big words that you can write backwards

Like Wassamassaw or someplace
I'm waiting for inspiration
But time is running out fast now
The stats are messing with my brain

You can't negate illness for long
I've been in denial for four years

I'm waiting for inspiration
Hold the operation I'm scared

My headache is banging thuck thuck
I just want to go back to sleep
Elegant as Malayalam

I'm waiting for inspiration
14032012


STOP
PRESS

THE HAIKU CHALLENGE WINNERS
HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED
CHECK MY UPDATED POST HERE


20 comments:

  1. The thumping inside which cannot be ignored..lest it strangle inspiration..I hope once it has been faced elegant (and relieved) sleep will come..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quatern, Andy. I've been there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this feeling all to well, it will pass. Articulate and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this an actually operation? if so hugs it will all be over soon and you'll feel better soon.
    Great work on this poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheilagh, I'm feeling much better now!

      Delete
  5. interesting lines .. quite amusing for such a topic .. You sure got a good inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely have seen you lost for inspiration and you've done well with today's prompts - per usual :-) Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done with words and form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mark, for some reason I can't comment on wordpress, it says I'm not logged in??

      Delete
  8. This has a nice lilt with a dark undercurrent. Is it brain surgery impending? Makes for excellent reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I try to baffle it with words" ...
    This is a particularly profound line, Andy, in our community. I like the direction your work is going. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this poem reminds me of dyslexia! you know the "big words in backwards" :D great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea you had problems. I'm sure glad you're alright. Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black and Decker doctors scare the heck out of me. I think they're drilling for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nara, I was just having a look at your books!

      Delete
  13. Especially liked the Wassamassaw and Malayalam you sneaked in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inspiring to read what you did with these dreadful words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Talker, a fun and charming poem.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.