I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 22 October 2008

read write image #1










Retrospective of a Myth.
Drawing by RossinaBossioB

Click the drawing
for a bigger picture.












IN FAGINS DEN

It’s like Fagin’s den in ‘ere love, let’s shoot…

‘old yer ‘orses guv, I’ve still got some gin.

Does yer ‘ubbby know that yer out up west?

Leave it out, it wus ‘im who sent me ‘ere.

Well the sooner yer drink up the better.

Yer won’t ‘urt me will yer gov? I’m not well.

Yer look kosher to me darlin’, what’s up?

Nuffin’ much, I’m just out to earn a crust.

Well yer can trust me love, I’m a doctor!

Cor blimey! Yer not that Jack the fingy?

201008

You can read what everybody else wrote at readwritepoem

Have you read my controversial poem, Polyamourosity! yet ? - clink-the-link-Here

7 comments:

  1. The original 'sweet talking guy'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stan, what a ripping yarn that would make..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that was simply delicious!

    jorc

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that was simply delicious!

    jorc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jorc, what a delightful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to write a song with your words! This would be a GREAT song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, phew! I tried singing this in the shower but my cockney accent is terrible. If you really want it you can have it, take it away - it's yours!
    I just realised that you come from Big Sur, I remember many years ago reading Richard Brautigan's 'A Confederate General from Big Sur'
    Nice to talk to you!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.