I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 13 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Thirteen

FOR DAY THIRTEEN: THE BAKER'S DOZEN! OR: UNLUCKY FOR SOME?

THE BAKER'S DOZEN
Every baker's dozen makes me wanna bake
Bake a cake, to take to kindergarten...
Kindda makes me wanna make one to eat
Eat it all up! All the good boys do that...

Rapunzel! you really must eat it all
All the cake on the plate, and when you're done
Down another one if you like, only...
Only then you'll have to make thirteen more.

Zustellung to them, those grim kids at school...
School children will like to eat them like this.
That is if we bake 'em at the hotel!
Hotel baking always tastes much better.

Eat it all up! like the good boys do now...
Now you know that this will last for ever.
13042011

7 comments:

  1. If I knew you were coming... with 13... well... then I wouldn't have had to bake a cake... would I...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Stan, No I supose you wouldn't, but then again, you gave me the prompt!

    Thanks for the prompt Stan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite good at this form of writing, Andy.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO HAPPY YOU RESPONDED TO ME SO I COULD FIND YOU... IN FACT SO DELIGHTED THAT I COULD ACTUALLY BAKE YOU A CAKE!

    WONDERFUL LIGHT DELIGHTFUL VERSE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks PKP, it's good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Baker's Dozen in cakes is beyond my imagination. I'll take that extra one. You can just take the baker's off. Your poem made me hungry for cake! Nice work!

    http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/04/everyone-deserves-friend-who-makes-them.html

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.