I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 15 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Fifteen

The prompt at NaPoWriMo.net is to write a sonnet.

STOLEN LOVE

What is it that you want and why ask me
Why is it that you always have to leave
I don't envisage half the things you see
And when you go will you leave me to grieve

Each day you spent with me in the garden
Seemed like a lifetime full of stolen love
I remember when we were just children
And you would climb high in the tree above

The apples that you threw down to the ground
Confirmed your love for me and made me smile
How I wish that those days were still around
And we could take the boat out to the Isle

I sit here waiting for you to return
Till past midnight and watch the candle burn
15042010

Posted to Writer's Island
Read my Sewina Sestina
JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK
I Hate Poets Proper Joe's

9 comments:

  1. A sonnet is a big departure from what I've read of yours, but you made a very good one.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how everything always seems to have been so much better in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sonnet, Andy. The past holds many good memories for most.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. A poignant sonnet--ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...each day...
    ...a lifetime of stolen love...

    Beautiful, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful sonnet, perfect in meter and rhyme, but even more importantly, beautiful in content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a forms-oriented poet, so I truly appreciate those who do it well. A lovely sonnet, full of emotion and just what I love about sonnets! Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/megans-mind-abc-3ww-day-15/

    ReplyDelete
  8. always mischief
    in the apples

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sonnet. I've never tried one -- they kind of scare me. :)

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.