I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Thursday 20 December 2007

TOP 11 ROAD SIGN REDUX

SIGN ONE
MOSS SIDE POST OFFICE.
The workers slow down in
their company bankrolled cars
and sneak a peak at us.
We're dressed in leathers and
designer gear that they can't afford.
They, look at the 'Queue Here'
notice and smile. It's
PRINCESS ROAD POST OFFICE
and it's Crimbo Giro day!
Two policemen monitor the line
but some bright spark, has changed
the letters round on the sign.
After 'Queue Here' it reads:
TO CRAP ON PISSED OFFICERS.
211295MSC
Giro = Welfare check
Pissed = Drunk
Crap = Bodily function No. 2
Crimbo = Christmas

SIGN TWO
KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS
Drive slow, unless you want to go fast!
Or: Stay on the road – keep off the grass!
It still read: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS
The last time I drove by, but that’s me.
You see, this other guy, this gamer
He saw a completely different sign
When he uni-cycled up the road
PC PIRATES TEXT GEEK SHOP he read.
TOP11-191207

7 comments:

  1. I say, young man, could you spare some more #2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, liking that first one very much, very evocative

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like the Moss Side Post Office a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. queuing up in expensive gear to pick up welfare check.. and people are smiling??? it had to have been the sign.... very clever.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are signs of the times - there's bound to be a Sign Three...and I'll wait for it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alan, I've got a shovel full, waiting for you!

    Thanks Jo,

    Thanks Sister AE,

    Hi Paisley, I was one of the people driving past and yes the sign did make me smile.

    Hi Tumblewords, Thanks, Sign Three is already posted here:
    http://sewina.blogspot.com/2007/12/top-road-sign.html

    Thanks Gautami, I enjoyed reading your tea cup thing too.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.