I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Thursday 23 April 2009

NaPoWriMo (23) Totally Optional Prompts

Written for NaPoWriMo day twenty-three
and The American Sandwich game
Inspiration from Linda at
Totally Optional Prompts


How to play The American Sandwich game:
Write a piece of flash fiction in just three American Sentences.

Allen Ginsberg's American Sentence has seventeen syllables.
Your task is to use as few words as possible to fill the sandwich.

RYTHM STICK

Hit me with a feather, not the one that's tied to the end of your string.
Not one that's heavier than the final straw that broke the Camel's back.
Hit me with your rythm stick, and I'll write poetry for you that rhymes.

230409

9 comments:

  1. Hi sweet talking guy,
    thoughful and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Dury will be singing along in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks here it is!

    Hi Tony, I thought you'd remember The Blockheads! , yeah RIP Ian Dury!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the progression from feather to string to straw to rhythm stick to rhyme. Very clever. I remember Ian Drury singing 'Hit me with your rhythm stick' too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the movement, the promise and the looseness that this structure contains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carole, those were the days...

    Hi Gautami, I'm like putty in your hands!

    Thanks Sue@Tumblewords, I'll look forward to your American Sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hit me with your rhythm stick.
    love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just tickles my brain! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.