I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Sunday 16 December 2007

RWP#5 Hanging In The Park

Taken from,
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
My ten words were:
Melancholy, Words, Games, Lessons, King,
Summer, Fountains, Days, Name, Executioner.

HANGING IN THE PARK
She sang a melancholy song
Her words, who knows they’re from the ark
The games she played were all so dark
Under the bandstand in the park.

The lessons that she should have learnt
About the Princess, King and Queen
Were put aside so she could dream
About what summer might have been.

She showered in the fountains there
Her numbered days were much the same
Until the judges called her name
When the executioner came.
RWP#5-161207

9 comments:

  1. This is excellent! I like your use of rhyme and the story you tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent! I like your use of rhyme and the story you tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful story and a lovely poem. I love that her fate comes as a surprise at the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disturbing! I liked it. I loved the title, and the multiple meanings it had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chilling and wonderful! It's hard enough to use all the words never mind getting the rhyme to work, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed its layers, story and rhyme. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It almost sounds like an eerie song. Great poem, wonderful meter and rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rhyming is always dome so well.

    This is one of my best books of all times. You did a great job of the words used.

    rooted
    reading room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautifully done! I am making my reads now, a little behind this week and yours is the first, what a start! Thank you.
    UL

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.