I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 17 September 2008

TOP Prompt - Blank Verse (attempt)

BLANK

VERSE

Bess looks so drunk, dehydrated these days

Like a memory line hung out to dry

As she must! Or might she one day recall?

Nodding, swearing, kicking. Screaming to squirm

Kebab and café windows are broken


Volkswagen surf bus down by the ocean

Everyone normal is sleeping by now

Rip-roaring Rangoon is closing down too

So by the time that the rickshaw heads home

Even the doughboy is kneading the bread

170908

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't get my head round the metre thingy but I've put this up anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get my head round it either, but I enjoyed this.
    Us Northerners, eh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the centre! I'm on my way over to Beyond the Blog! Right now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with meter, too. Never know if I've met it or not. Your poem rings right - you must have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sue at Tumblewords, you really are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to write a lot of structure poetry. This time I did not even attempt it.

    Your poem captures it perfectly.

    irrationality

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gautami and I love the passion in your irrationality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Metres are for taxis...or the French. Structure is great discipline for organising thoughts, but creativity doesn't need form to make it sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stan, I think you're trying to make me feel good.. perhaps!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.