I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 22 April 2023

15/22

 

Napowrimo 2023/my15th year/day 22


THEIR TABLETS OF STONE

They think that hosing it down

won't make it wet but

they've been wet behind the ears

for a long time now


They're more naïve than an optimist

facing a firing squad

it's a dead certainty that something

is going to go terribly wrong


They take the subway train because

they think it's safer than walking

they hate buses don't like overcrowding

shopping in Oxford Street isn't their thing


They say the electricity won't go down

like it did in nineteen seventy four but it will

then all their computers and mobile things

and even their tablets of stone will be silent

22042023

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.