I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 18 April 2009

NaPoWriMo (18) Saturday Scribes

Written for NaPoWriMo day eighteen
and the Saturday Scribes prompt.
The theme this week is Listen
and the given words are
Fence, Eggshell, Ocean and Strum.

SPLISH
SPLASH

Splish
Splash the paint
all over the fence
eggshell white
Wait for it to dry
Ocean Boulevard
Splash
Thump the drum
thrumming with your thumb
strum the strings
Contemplate her cry
Crescendo Cascade
Splish
Splash splish...
180409
Please note:
Eggshell White, Ocean Boulevard and Crescendo Cascade are all shades of paint.

You can check my new site The American Sandwich HERE

6 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I read it as splash the eggs on the wall!

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gautami, 'eggshell white' is the name given to a shade of paint in the UK, using poetic licence I splish splash it all over the fence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this, though possibly read more into the second stanza then was intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think *not* knowing that they're shades of paint actually makes reading the poem more fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Neverending Story, phew, I just re-read it myself and it is a bit naughty (if you look at it that way!).

    Hi Desert Rat, I fear you may well be right, but I guess the damage is done now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very clever.
    Painting with words.
    Isn't that precisely what poets do?

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.