I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 11 April 2022

14th/11

 

Napowrimo 2022

DAY #11

HELLO AM I EVEN ABLE

They said we're going on holiday and started packing bags

Spent all night weighing them and packing and repacking

In the morning they/we were ready and sitting outside

In the rain waiting for a taxi when it didn't come

They phoned another one from one of their devices

At the airport check-in I ask them where we are going

A far away place they tell me it's called Tahiti

Oh good I exclaim I've always wanted to go there

Really they say laughing behind cupped hands

On the aeroplane and many hours later we touch down

In Doha wonderful place fantastic airport but Tahiti it's not

Don't worry they tell me feeding me my cocktail of tablets

We are only changing planes here we just have to wait

For six hours until they've cleaned and restocked the plane

I sit in the airport lounge and do the easy Sudoku in my book

They do what they always do lippy laptops and mobile things

They tell me last night's football scores like they're important

I don't want to know the scores before I watch the highlights

Hello am I even able to do do anything any more or what

When the second aeroplane lands I'm really excited but

They tell me there's been a change of plan we can't go to Tahiti

They say because French Polynesia is closed due to the lurgy

So we've come to The Pearl of the Orient instead

Wonderful I reply maybe we can still go Island hopping as

I had really wanted to go to Hiva Oa in the Marquesas Islands

They had never heard of Paul Gauguin and Jacques Brel of course

11042022

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.