I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 16 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Sixteen

BANG BANG BANG
Hey, I wanna put a bit of fun back
Like Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
When they went for a job as payroll guards
And the old mine boss asked them to
Shoot some tin cans off a wall
They took aim fired and missed
The old man said no way Jose and started to walk
Butch called after him can I move now Mister?
What you mean move? said the old guy
Spitting out his chewing tobacco
Butch and The Kid drew their six-shooters
Bang bang bang the cans flew up in the air
And they shot 'em down again before they landed
You got the job boys! when can you start?
16042011
Posted to Writer's Island
Read my Sewina Sestina
JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK
I Hate Poets Proper Joe's

9 comments:

  1. Great imagery... this piece awakens the senses and enlightens the reader (me). Nothing like a good shoot 'em up!

    = ) laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being good at what one does, allows for breaking the rules and having fun. You enjoyed this and, in turn, so do we.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great movie - taught me all the Spanish I'll ever need... Donde est el banco?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember that scene but you made me see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did enjoy your bit of fun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're firing from the hip in this one. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.