I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 4 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Four

TIME LINES
You've got a terrible cough, she told me.
What about your cerebral sneeze I thought.
If only things were different, if only...
If only I had stayed back there, back then.

The grass is always greener, she mumbled.
Tuning in to my procrastination.

But what does she know of my other life?
Why should she care, she will never go there
Never spend time on a different line
She's not that sort of girl and she knows it.

So why does she have to sneeze me back here?
And pour that cough medicine down my throat!
04042011

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK
Posted to Writer's Island
Proper Joe's
Day Four 2010

*****Nicola Batty's Newsletter Raw Meat Issue 127 is now Online*****

12 comments:

  1. Well written, Andy. The grass IS always greener.....somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing lines and switching places can be fun for a few moments but are seldom real possibilities. Interesting ideas you suggest, here.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're surrounded by parallel universes... multiverses...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have seen that grass... in my other world.
    If I were younger, this would have made me sad.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what does anyone know of anyone's other life, eh?

    Sneeze on, Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we're just stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Illness makes me grumpy too. This was a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Andy, the grass is always greener from another point of view.
    Well said, ACHOO!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. nicely done Andy...im listening to Sneezy Waters...doing his Hank Willimas songs now...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last stanza is amazing. "sneeze me back here." I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very well written. I love it, great job.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.