I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 30 September 2011

Haiku Conclusion

I LIKE
SPENDING TIME
WITH YOU

HAIKU CHALLENGE
Phew, we've come to the end of the Haiku Heights Challenge, where we had to write thirty Haiku in thirty days. You would probably only expect to write two or three decent ones in that time, but the challenge goes beyond that. You get the opportunity to read everybody else's work and comment on the progress of the challenge each day.
WRITING
At the end of the day we are all writers, and the Haiku Challenge can only make us better, better informed, better read, and better writers.
HAIKU
Over the last thirty days I have written more Haiku than in my life previously, not only have I managed to complete the Haiku Challenge but I have also accumulated a few extra Haiku that I did not use. When I say Haiku, I'm talking about a fairly broad school, most of them wouldn't qualify in the traditional or academic sense, but the trick is just to write something, and see what happens.
SPARE HAIKU
ART

Artistic
Writing on the wall
Fantastic
29092011/2


PHOENIX


A mythical bird
Immortal as the Phoenix
Lays a golden egg
26092011/2

MAGIC

Magic Montparnasse
Magnificent Mario
Modigliani
25092011/3

KISS

Taste my lips with wine
I wait for your kiss once more
Smother me with love
06092011

FEATHER

Birds of a feather
Congregate, flock together
Fleecing each other
20092011/2

CREATIVITY

Artisan
Creativity
Is an art
26092011/3

TIME

She don't care
It's his last season
Time won't wait
26092011/2

FALL

Atop the oak tree
Another mountain to climb
Leaves fall back to earth
26092011/1

DEAD

Universal man
He reads the obituaries
Of his dead good friends
25092011/3

...and here's one I wrote for 3WW
the prompt words were:
ERODE HEART + OBSERVE

We observe the rocks
My heart and hers beat as one
Slowly they erode
07092011/1

FINALLY
I just want to tell you about my Haiku Wall. I came up with the line: I like spending time with you. And I wrote a few Haiku style poems that I will publish on this site tomorrow. The idea is that you write something using my line as the prompt and drop it into my comments box. Full explanation tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Stolen moments merge;
    I like spending time with you.
    Love's Kaleidoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jinksy! You've got it spot on!

    And I love the thought of that Kaleidoscopic merging!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.