I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Read Write Poem #47 of Monsters + Dinosaurs

Posted for the Read Write Poem prompt: of Monsters + Dinosaurs
YESTERDAY IS DEAD!

Yesterday is dead
yes that's what I said
yesterday is dead!
You won't catch me
digging for dinosaur bones.
Hell, I've got enough
troubles of my own.
You're sixty-five million
years behind the times.
So, don't speak to me
about your scientific finds.
Don't talk to me with your
pre-historic minds.
'cos,
You won't catch me
digging for dinosaur bones.
Hell, I've got enough
troubles of my own.
Yesterday is dead,
yes, yesterday is dead + done.
But babe, you wouldn't
think it, the way those boffins
go - on, talking about the past
like it's the 'In-thing' to know!
You won't catch me
digging for dinosaur bones.
Hell, I've got enough
troubles of my own.
They cite devolution,
like it's some kindda solution.
It's a piss-poor contribution!
If that's the way they
think, that we oughta grow.
Yesterday is dead
yes that's what I said
yesterday is dead!
4599
I had to dig this one out of the archives and dust it off. It was originally written in 1999 in response to the science fiction movies Jurassic Park 1+2
I think that I thought of them as being some kind of cyclical prophesy that the world was devolving into.

15 comments:

  1. Look forward to tomorrow - if it ever comes. Today is a long day - but a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You won't catch me
    digging for dinosaur bones.
    Hell, I've got enough
    troubles of my own."

    I'll tell my son you wrote that. he enjoys digs.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stan, 'yestermorrow' sounds good!

    Hi Rethabile, I tried digging my front garden and two feet down I hit solid concrete..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is almost a protest song. I was singing along as I read.
    Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi anthony, I did actually write this as a song originally but I forgot the tune!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes--very much like a song, a chant; the refrains, the rhyme. A lot of energy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DP, I think it was a bit of a protest song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great start..

    Yesterday is dead...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gautami, don't you just hate digging up the past?

    ReplyDelete
  10. An interesting take on the subject. I really like the refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Nathan!

    Cheers Mad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes i could see myself singing that if I ever find myself on another fake dino dig...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It reminds me of a ballade played on hip-hop music.

    Interesting composition.
    A.

    P.S. as a scientist though, I hardly consider evolution as a piss-poor contribution. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea, I'm so sorry, it should have read devolution and I was talking about Michael Crichton's fictional characters. I obviously didn't make this very clear. I would also like to take this opportunity to say that real scientists, such as yourself make a valid contribution to all of our lives. I apologise unreservedly. Andy

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.