I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 7 April 2023

15/7

 

Napowrimo 2023/my15th year/day 7


Today's prompt was to write a sonnet, the following is my version of a 'little song', I used the end line rhymes from Shakespeare's sonnet 128 and added a little something of my own. The brief was to write something about music, specifically Hip Hop, (hence the Chip Shop reference) and to get inspired by the object of headphones.


CHIP SHOP CURRY

She offers him her cans for just one kiss

The dancing carries on in spite of this

He shouts out louder and the music plays

Dreamlike you ain't never heard those sweet sounds

He starts rapping and everybody sways

You think that's sweet but it only confounds


All over the stage like a frog he leaps

Giving it rice with microphone in hand

Telling the crew that they've sown what they reap

The music louder than the big band stand


How did she ever get into this state

Chip shop curry mushy peas fish and chips

She loves the locomotion of his gait

Panting she puckers up her sweet sweet lips


The dancing carries on in spite of this

She offers him her cans for just one kiss

07042023/SH128

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.