I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 19 November 2007

The American Sentence RWP#1

THE AMERICAN SENTENCE
We usually string-up people who shoot the sherif in this town.
You will serve a twenty-year sentence in an American jail.
The prison guards, the chain-gang and all the rocks are waiting to break you!
RWP#1-191107

DEPENDENT ON THE PRONUNCIATION
Here's my first attempt at the concept of The American Sentence.
I think the syllables are dependent on the pronunciation.
Yes, I know that there are rules, but rules are there to be broken, aren't they?
RWP#1-191107a

http://www.poetrykit.org/

5 comments:

  1. Ahh - the play on words :)

    Rules? We have to follow rules?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rules? What rules?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betcha they're ...and I believe I broke them all, but YOU do it so beautifully. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.