I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 1 April 2024

Napo 24 /1

 

GLOBAL/NAPOWRIMO 2024 DAY 1


NEVER MIND

Pews discarded like an ancient church hall

more Pastors than an Italian menu

they sing the hymns and bang the tins

like Oscar Wilde in Reading Gaol


Sadly there's no room left for Easter

It's religious to celebrate they say

sacrilegious as church on Sunday

scoffing they disregard Christmas too


Never mind the weather the beer is cool

Where do you come from? England I tell them

They pour Red Horse litre after litre

until it comes out of my ears

01042024

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.