I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Thursday 22 April 2010

NaPoWriMo 2010 Day 22

NAPOWRIMO 2010 DAY 22
THANKS TO OSCAR WILDE
I didn't do the prompt at Read Write Poem today as I was driving and couldn't concentrate on all those words in the wordle. I had to write this on the move, so I set myself the task of taking an Oscar Wilde quote, from his novel The Picture of Dorian Gray. Of course I can't find the actual quote right now, but it's the one about the mediocre poet who published a book of second rate sonnets, you know the one I mean don't you?
ANYWAY HERE'S MINE:

WORLDS APART
She drinks mint tea and lemon verbena
outside in the herb garden, sitting there
the sun blazing, oblivious to him.
He's the one out on the street, selling stuff.

The thickness of a wall but worlds apart.
She sits in her secret garden, writing.
He stands with his back to the wall, barking.
'They're franked and stamped, they're wrapped and packed,' he bawls.

'They're fully gauranteed,' she scribbles down.
"Your Gen-U-ine swiss watches," they both say.
'Made in Hong Kong! Who'll give me a Big Ben?'
He lives the life that she can only pen.
22042+10

4 comments:

  1. "Gen-U-ine" Hah! Very funny Andy.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little dodgy maybe, but underneath...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan, Dell Boy was a dodgy geezer with a heart of gold!

    Thanks Wayne!

    Hi Pamela, I try to keep things light!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.