I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Thursday 29 April 2021

2021 #29

 

Napowrimo 2021

Day TWENTY NINE


LOST POEMS

Writing 'em down on scraps of pink paper

lucky bags and old sweet wrappers

(that'd be a good name for a band)

lost poems multiple house moves

floods kitchen sink drama's


Trying to recall what the billboard said

as I sped away in my old Cortina


I pushed her up a gear or three and

my baby began to simmer

who wants to have a dogs dinner

not me not you no thanks


Love the way the soundbites

come flooding back but the context

along with the original piece is lost


I'm an ordinary feller der da der der

I'm and ordinary guy der da der der


Der der der der der der der

I remember the tune but forget the words


Whatever happened to total recall

photographic memories et al

reporters notebooks and Indian ink


They talk about the cloud these days

a great place to save and store your thoughts

I'm still living on cloud nine

looking for lost poems

cuckoo land where the two suns shine

29042021

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.