I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 1 May 2010

NaPoWriMo 2010 Farewell RWP

NAPOWRIMO 2010
Finally we have come to the close of another successful NaPoWriMo. May I take this opportunity to congratulate each and every one of you who have managed to write a poem each day of April. Also, I would like to thank everybody at Read Write Poem for the wonderful prompts and encouragement each day. And finally I must mention Maureen Thorson without whom there would be no poetry writing month. And Finally finally, if you didn't do it this year, I encourage you to have a go next year.
SIDE BAR LINKS
You will find links to my poems for each day of the 2010 NaPoWriMo in the side bar on this blog. And if you're interested you will also find links to my 2009 entries and a further 200 poems which are posted on these pages.
MY OTHER BLOGS
I have another poetry blog which is an archive that deals mainly with my earlier work, it's called StraightTalkingStreetTalkingSweetTalkingGuy. Then I have my main blog, Proper Joe's which I have had since 2006. I also have a couple of work-in-progress-novels, which have taken a bit of a back seat in recent months, and I write a monthly column in Nicola Batty's Online Newsletter Raw Meat each month.
INVITATION
I would like to invite you to have a go at my NaiSaiKu Challenge? I put up a new post every Tuesday. If you write HaiKu this is easy! And it's never too late to have a go...
For those of you who write flash fiction, I have The American Sandwich game... If you like/write Allen Ginsberg style American Sentences, then you just might like this too!
NaiSaiKu SAMPLES
Here's a couple of previously unpublished samples of the NaiSaiKu style. The first one is a palindrome.


Twisted wheel

flood flash flood

broken shaft

TWISTER

shaft broken

flood flash flood

wheel twisted

28042+10/4


Shocks cocktail shaker

Sixteen going on sixty

CRÈME DE BANANA

Sixteen going on sixty

Cocktail shaker rocks

30042+10

5 comments:

  1. You got the 30 in - nice one. For a day or two I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stan, I had time to write them all, but getting round to comment on everbodies work was impossible. I've got about thirty minutes now, and I'm going to check all the regulars. Congratulations to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Andy! Well done.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Andy.....well done again thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.