I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 22 April 2024

24/22

 

GLOBAL/NAPOWRIMO 2024 DAY 22

YOUR POETRY

Never read much of your poetry

I hardly wrote a rhyme or three

can't tell you what a stanza is

or Iambic pentameter


Where am I going wrong I penned

a lyric for your lady friend

but you told me that it didn't scan

so I gave it to her other man


Didn't know about Haiku

it might as well have been a Sudoku

or any of the other Japanese stuff

like Senryu Haibun Renga or Tanka


Even though I'm feeling fine

I couldn't recite without mistake

a single line of Keats or Blake

and Shakespeare or Dylan T


Ironic as life can be sometimes be

I wrote a poem but it didn't rhyme

but you said that it didn't matter

because it sounded kind of fine


You talk about concrete poetry

sometimes like it grows on trees

I asked about robotic form

You told me it was not the norm

22042024

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.