I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 23 April 2021

2021 #23

 

Napowrimo 2021

Day TWENTY THREE


NUMBER SIX

Voices are difficult to disguise

accents even harder


Where do you come from

they ask me constantly

I know your voice

recognise your accent but

I can't place your face


You're not from around

these parts they say

when I order a cream tea

saffron cake or a pasty


The thing is nobody is

these days apart from a few

the chosen few that think

that anywhere past Exeter

or Bristol is up the line


No worries they say

when I mention the Senior Service


Proper job perfect that's ideal -

and the Players Navy Cut

cigarettes that I used to smoke


Those were the good times

coughing my guts out

upstairs on the Red Dragon 


Back in the smog filled days

up the line at Number Six


Who are you they ask me

over and over again

23042021

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.