I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Sunday 21 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day Twenty-One

NaPoWriMo 2013
Day Twenty-One

Inspired by but not posted to the prompt at Sunday Whirl.

Poetic Flash Fiction in 51 Syllables

HEARTS HARDEN
Promise me you will shelter against the bomb, when infidels fire one. Resilience is time well spent, no matter what, the drugs will be shipped. Hearts harden to shock us, they want their land to thrive and ours to struggle.
210413 

Day Twenty-One last year.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Counting syllables for Flash Fiction. Counting words is hard enough! I do some at 100 and others at 150 words (different prompts). Go ahead and post at The Sunday Whirl, others post fiction too.

    I bookmark sits. Following gets just too complex - I get enough stuff in my mailbox as it is. But I will try and visit again. You visited me at my Flashy Fiction WP site. This address goes to some of my longer poetic verse.


    Cheers, Jules (JulesPaige)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Ok, I've spent the time... (and the money)... ... now, where are the ******* drugs... ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and to the point. Nicely done. Keep Stan away from those things, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid there is no shelter against the bomb,,,a gritty write,,,I like it,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful opening plea..we all must shelter..from whatever bombs that fall around us..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice concise piece, Andy. Drugs and the border here are a major culprit.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. 51 syllables of heartfelt angst, rage against the machine. Yeah. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.