I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Day Twenty Seven


   Day Twenty Seven

   HER MADE UP WORLD
   Her made up world of shopping for shoes/ Under the bed she has continents of them/ Amazonian rain forests full of knee high boots/ Islands the size of Timbuktu stuffed with carrier bags/ And receipts for stiletto’s that she’ll never wear/ I went to visit her once and she took an hour to find an odd shoe/ It was under the bed after all she said when I asked/ I spent the day with her and she changed her shoes nine times/ Under the mattress her high heels peep up like Nepalese peaks/ Lower down in the Antarctic of her dreams beneath the floorboards/ And the permafrost the pure lake water is double maybe triple distilled/ For people like me who always thought shoes were just for walking/ She says No, shoes are for wearing sometimes, but mainly for keeping for life/ If you don’t believe me ask Imelda Marcos just don’t let the termites flood in/ 270416

  The prompt at NaPoWriMo today was to write a poem with longer lines than usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.