I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Saturday 13 April 2024

24/13

 

GLOBAL/NAPOWRIMO 2024 DAY 13

RECYCLING

Anything mid-century she shouted

slamming the door behind her as she left the house

I outbid some guy for a Chesterfield settee -

she didn't like that - leather stinks she screamed

so the Ox-blood sofa and the Queen Anne armchair

went back out as fast as they came into the house -

the next day she started to throw out all of her best shoes

first the knee length boots then her ankle boots and stilettos

all the leather and plastic and man made fabrics

went the same way into the recycling skip in the yard -

I couldn't find my football boots but I knew where to look

the same place that she slung everything else she didn't like -

her fifties kitchen remained intact along with the recipe books

it was my job of course to scrub the Yorkshire stone flags

delicate as they were she wouldn't hear of them being replaced

13042024/1/150

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.