I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 26 April 2024

24/26

 

GLOBAL/NAPOWRIMO 2024 DAY 26

JUST A CRACKLING CONVERSATION


Cast in order of appearance –


Me (Sam)

Me (Director)


SAM:

Hey, are you the right... Geezer? They sent me from the agency about a job.


DIRECTOR:

Job? Is that what they called it, Darlink?


SAM:

Yeah, I think so, they said it was a quick twenty nicker, for a walk on part.


DIRECTOR:

Really, Sweetie? I think there's a few formalities we need to get out of the way first, don't you?


SAM:

Tell me about it, but I've gotta go soon, I could've earned a tenner by now, any place else.


DIRECTOR:

Okay, right, in this game we go through an audition process. We invite a number of people in, give them some lines to learn, then we ask them to act out the piece.


SAM:

Is it a bit like playing, Monopoly?


DIRECTOR:

Good Heavens! No, Dearie, whatever gave you that idea?


SAM:

Well, Monopoly is a board game, isn't it? And I'm getting really, really bored. Also, the imitation money doesn't help.


DIRECTOR:

(Shuffling A4 papers) By the way, Honey, you are in The Union, aren't you?


SAM:

I won't be in any, Rubber dub dub, at this rate, if I can't earn a few bob, today.


DIRECTOR:

I'm talking about the Actor's Union, Lovely, although, with your 'boy band' looks, I'm sure the Union won't be too much of a problem.

26042024

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.