I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 5 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day Five

NaPoWriMo 2013

Day Five
I challenge you to write a cinquain on this, the fifth day of NaPoWriMo. A cinquain is a poem that employs stanzas with five lines. Each line has a certain number of accented or stressed syllables, and a certain number of overall syllables per line. In the “American” cinquain, a form invented by a woman with the highly unfortunate name of Adelaide Crapsey, the number of stresses per line is 1-2-3-4-1, and the number of syllables is 2-4-6-8-2. So the first line would have two syllables, one stressed and one unstressed. The second line would have four syllables, two of which are stressed, and so on. This kind of accent/syllabic verse can be a bit frustrating at first, but it’s useful for learning to sharpen up your language!

Here's my Day Five

YOU BET
Okay
here it is then
Ladies day at Aintree
then the sold out Grand National
You bet
050413

My Day Five last year.


2 comments:

  1. I believe they've made the hurdles safer this year, to avoid suspicion of supplying the frozen beef lasagne industry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spoke to the jockey that fell at the first fence last year, he had no beef about it.

      Delete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.