I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 30 April 2019

2019/30


Global/NaPoWriMo 2019

Day Thirty

HELLO AM I
EVEN CRAZY
She bought me a present
she said it was second hand
but what she really meant was
that it had a second-hand
because it was a wristwatch

I love wearing watches
with a simple stainless steel bracelet
and a white face with black numerals

Sometimes I can't tell the time though
because I put it on upside down
who would do that you ask
well it depends who dresses me
you see they don't really care
they just want to go home
as soon as they can

They tell me they're on job and finish
but I still pay them for half a day each
every day hello am I even crazy

They take me to the park
but I suspect its a car park
as we sit in the car and talk about the radio
not working because it's raining

I want to listen to the football but
they think football's the same as cricket
they hate cricket because they think its boring
they're boring they just sit there and talk sideways

I tell them I want to go home they start the car
and then remember that they've not done the shopping
we've got no milk they tell me and if you want toast
we'll have to buy some more bread and butter

We drive to the hypermarket they're really hyper now
running around like mad things on the shopping trolley
or should I say off it 'cos in reality that's what they are

When we get home it's time for them to go
I make my own toast and hot butter it with Marmite
they don't like Marmite I'm happy about that because
it's not the cheapest thing in the cupboard
I make a cup of tea with three sweeteners and let it go cold
I go to bed and drink it when I wake up
30042019

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.