I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Conclusion

NaPoWriMo 2012

CONCLUSION
Phew, another hectic April, and my fourth NaPoWriMo completed. This year I choose not to link my posts to the prompt sites daily, because I knew that I wouldn't have the time to read and comment on everybody else's work. As a result of this action, the amount of people reading and commenting on my work dwindled too.
TAKING PART
There were a few days when I managed to link to the prompt sites and this did result in more hits to SweetTalkingGuy. The bottom line in all this of course is the taking part, and the conclusion is here on this blog as a record for all to read.
TRIOLET
I did a few versions of the triolet form on different days, the idea for this coming from an early prompt on Maureen Thorsen's NaPoWriMo site. This was a new form to me, it was simple as far as the rules go, but difficult to get right. I think the secret is in getting a good first sentence which is strong enough to be repeated in the fourth and seventh lines. Anyway, I enjoyed writing them.
FLAME THROWER
This time last year I was enthusing about the FlameThrower form, and I gave some examples of this style in the 2011 conclusion which you can click to at the bottom of this post.
EXPERIMENT
This year on Day Twenty-Four of the challenge (to write thirty poems in thirty days) I went a bit crazy and wrote an experimental poem with the title Experiment, I set it out as an acrostic piece and I used words beginning with E for the first line, then words starting with X for the second line, etc. I then shuffled the experiment letters up and made thirty-six different anagrams of the acrostic word like Extreme Nip, Mine Expert, and Tex Pier Men. You can read the result here.
FINALLY
Congratulations to everyone who took part in this years NaPoWriMo, you deserve a virtual pat on the back. So until next April, may I take this opportunity to say Happy NaPoWriMo!!!


Here's my Conclusion from NaPoWriMo 2011

2 comments:

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.