I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Here's one I posted eight years ago...

HIDING THE CRACKS

We've talked about the self
congratulatory society before
but what about community
and wheels within wheels

and who ever mentions the 
blokes who made the spokes
and told the jokes that kept
industry moving all those years

and the women that did/do two 
jobs came/come home and bring 
up the kids then put their husbands
dinner on the table and still do

I don't see blue plaques hiding the 
cracks on many terraced houses
there's one or two too few if you're not
on TV you won't have one will you
21102013

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.