I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 19 April 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 Day Nineteen

Loosely based on the NaPoWriMo prompt: Pick a color
and posted to Writer's Island

MELLOW YELLOW

me no like blue bananas
I don't like green cream cheese
he don't like red pyjamas
she don't like purple bees

me don't like pink elephants
I don't like orange apes
he don't like candy stripe tent
she don't like rainbow grapes

me do like yellow muffins
I do like yellow buns
he do like yellow custard
she do like yellow suns

we love you mellow yellow
yellow yellow yellow...
19042011

16 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear you give your voice song with this piece! It makes me feel good to read it. ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile. A wonderful fun poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow it is then!
    Cool bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stan, I hate blue banana's!

    Thanks Mary!

    Brenda, you really don't want to hear my voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it to bits - a defiant incantation. BUT
    why all the greengrocers' apostrophes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. all that technicolor rejection makes that juanty yellow just that much jauntier. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only one word for it - jaunty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Viv, I've corrected them, I do get a bit carried away with myself sometimes, don't I.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy, a fun poem, thanks for the smile to start my day off in a good way:)

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, you had so much fun with this, it actually grins at the reader. Thank you, I'm grinning backatcha,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun ones!

    Cowards have given yellow a bad name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh...yellow....one of my favorite colors...and this little ditty captures the sunniness of the color quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. me like your mellow yellow. Fun word play - a happy poem. And I like your take on the color prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun poem. I like the way you start out about how you don't want blue bananas, etc. Cool poem. I love mellow yellow, too.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.