I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 23 April 2019

2019/23


Global/NaPoWriMo 2019
Day Twenty Three

HELLO
AM I EVEN
LISTENING
Sitting in the car
I think it's a car
it may be a van
or a people carrier
whatever that is
How many wheels
has it got I ask
they ignore me

I'm only asking
because people
talk about four wheel
drive half-tracks and
six wheelers

I used to ride Honda's
Suzuki's and Lambretta
scooters when they still let me

I had loads of cars but
my favourite were the
VW Transporter vans
I had six of them over the years
all long wheel base
apart from the last one

What did you say
one of them asked me
How many wheels has it got
I repeat myself
How many wheels has what got
This car I tell her/them/him
I never know who I'm talking to
and they usually don't answer

They don't answer
one of them turns the radio up
it's rap music
they think it's called wrap
whatever hello am I even listening
'down on the streets
where the puppy dogs meet'
I join in I know that one
'and the big dogs mate'
I sing 'by the back alley
where Gordon met his fate'

How do you know
this stuff they ask me
I wrote it I tell them
Seriously are you a
musician they ask me
No a lyricist I inform them
Wow you must be loaded
they tell me it sounds like Lou Reed
Yeah I say what do they know
'take a walk on the wild side'
23042019

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.