I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 24 April 2019

2019/24

Global/NaPoWriMo 2019

Day Twenty Four


HELLO
AM I EVEN
BOTHERED
When I said I want to go cycling one day
they started to laugh
but I was/am deadly serious
I have eighteen bikes in my shed
all in different states of disrepair
the one thing they have in common
is that they are all old

I have the tools and all the bits and bobs
to make them run again
I just can't see what I'm doing these days
I can really but they think I can't
and I wouldn't want to upset
them now would I

Anyway I said to one of them
can you ride tandem
he said yes
so we arranged an outing for the following day
we drove out into the countryside in the van
with the old tandem strapped to the roof

We found an amazing place
that had a dismantled railway line
which made a wonderful cycle track
although I hate the fact that all these 
transport routes have been put out to pasture
especially now that half the roads that
replaced them are just about reaching gridlock

We rode about five miles before we took a break
although the man on the front
because I had to ride tandem on the back
said we rode eight kilometres or something
I don't understand that much metric yet
but he said that's all right
it's the same distance

Whaaaat I know what he means though
I think so anyhow because they were
keen as mustard when they first measured
the pyramids and they found that
they were exactly the same
in English or French
and one of the old Giza's told me
that his pyramid has eight sides too

They tell me all sorts of things
sometimes I'm not sure if they're
talking to me or to themselves
but they make sure I hear anyway
I'd rather watch things on TV if I could
but hello am I even bothered
24042019

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.