I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Thursday 20 November 2008

RWP #53

This post has been written for ReadWritePoem.

AMERICAN SENTENCE REVISITED
Since the post a year ago on RWP #1 I have written a number of full length poems in different disguises which use this seventeen syllable sentence in way way or another. In reviewing them this morning I did notice that a few of the lines are actually fifteen or sixteen syllables here and there but anyway, if you're interested please take a look.
List of Titles.
The American Sentence RWP #1
Three to Three past Three.
Confession.
Confessional.
Dinosaurs and Fangs.
Kiss.
Foreign Lands.
King of Kingston.
Wino's Bench.
2 Girls.
And Still.
Goddess of Love.
Magic Island.
Disco Very.
Soon.
For Change Sake.
Expectations.
Kafkaesque.
For the Umpteenth Time.
The above titles are all listed in my sidebar
with a clickable link under Permalinks to poetry prompts.
I nearly forgot, here's todays offering:

BEAUTY FACE

Hello beautiful,

goodbye painted face

You look so

beautiful now!

Hello beauty face,

goodbye old ‘boat race’

You look so

Beautiful, wow!

Hello lover,

goodbye the other you,

You look so

Beautiful, phew!

201108

10 comments:

  1. Phew! It sure is, thanks BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Philip, she is now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan, Yeah!'fraid so...
    Oh by the way the tape in my van turned out to be Lou Reed Live with Velvet Underground 1969. I think you might have made it for me, I can't think where else I got it from. Anyhow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem - keep applying the make-up!

    1969 - That's the one I meant...

    Just a thought - 4th Millenium as a downloadable book - how do I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan, looks like we're singing from the same hymn sheet regarding Lou Reed.

    As for the 4th. you could send it the same way as you sent it to me and charge people via paypal. I'll e-mail you later, when I'm free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, especially "old boat race."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nathan, it's a bit of Cockney rhyming slang!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.