I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 15 April 2020

napowrimo 2020 #15


REALLY BAD POETS
(LIKE ME)
Bad poets are really baaad
bad because we wanna be really baaad

Sad as it may seem to the educated
dreamer really baaad poets are bad
because they wanna be baaad

They repeat themselves too much
such and such rhyme all the time
internally and end line

Force the silly billy iambic pentameter
mount the syllabic count down to the ground
surround their act with half baked jokes

Baaad poets are really bad
baaad because we wanna be really bad

Stanza's verses couplets quatrains
we might as well be cleaning drains
nobody listens when we hum
or reads much beyond line one

But writing poetry can be fun
and I for one know that it keeps
me bleep bleep mad insane
a crazy simple writing game

Perhaps some baaad poets like me
only crave the irresistibility of mediocrity
that Wilde spoke about in Dorian Gray
then again maybe we wanna be bad

Sometimes we tell lots of lies
and plagiarise surprise surprise
Haiku Sudoku which one would you do
something simple cinquain please explain

Here we go again really baaad poets
like me (and I like them too) are bad
because we wanna be baaad
15042020

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.